Sunday, September 10, 2023

"The Winter Soldier: Cold Front" Cover Art

The Original Cover --


Then a New Cover --


[found at burninblood,
excerpted from a
larger post]

Custom Rebinding Cover --


I haven’t made any new art in over month, but I did pick up book binding as a hobby, yay!

I’ve made a book from scratch already, but this is my first rebind. It’s also the book that sent me down the book binding hole. The original cover is blue, and I thought to myself “man it would be SO COOL if the book was red with silver foiling detailing his arm”

And then i tried to find a book binder to commission but couldn’t find anyone really, I also figured out I’d be super nitpicky about some details so in the end I decided to learn how to do it myself.

I struggled getting the HTV vinyl, had to throw the first casing away and redo the entire thing. The title page is vellum paper with gold foiling details.

[photos and text

No comments: