Monday, February 26, 2018

Valkyries in Love

Valkyrie is the heroic but defeated Asgardian warrior in Thor: Ragnarok --


["Valkyrie concept art
for Thor: Ragnarok"
by Ryan Meinerding,
found here]

But is there more to her backstory?


[by lenadraws]

Perhaps there's a clue in this scene of Valkyrie and the world's biggest strap-on?


[gif by fancykraken,
excerpted from
larger gifset]

Yeah, baby, yeah!


[by kittrose]

In the final battle against Hela, Valkyrie's lover sacrificed herself to save Valkyrie's life --


There were things that we talked about that we allowed to exist in the characterization, but maybe not be explicit in the film,” admits Thompson. Pay attention to her agony in a flashback where Blanchett’s Goddess of Death murders the rest of Valkyrie’s warrior clan. “There’s a great shot of me falling back from one of my sisters who’s just been slain,” says Thompson. “In my mind, that was my lover.

[gifset by, and
quotation found at,

So not only is there a terrific femslash backstory, it is full of tragic angst as all good slash must be.


“There’s a great shot of me falling back from one of my sisters who’s just been slain,” says Thompson. “In my mind, that was my lover.”

Glad to know Tessa Thompson & I are on the same wavelength re: bi Valkyrie in the new thor movie <3

[art and text


["Valkyries"


If Asgard were its people, and not a place, then her Asgard died a long time ago.

[art and text by Isain]


["braids"


“I believed in the throne, and it cost me everything.”


No comments: