Friday, August 25, 2017

Touch Has a Memory


[images by slayerstark
quotation by John Keats]


Close up on my new drawing “I remember my Stevie” by Jessie Lucid. I imagine Bucky’s memories returning to him in a confusing mess of puzzle pieces where he can’t quite put together the big picture. So when he remembers something from an easier time; before the war, before the serum, before the Howlies, before he lost himself to the Soldier; when he remembers something like holding his little Steve, he lets his broken mind linger. He allows himself the luxury of pausing his mind at the feeling of Steve tight against his body in a cold, shabby Brooklyn bedroom, because those puzzle pieces make perfect sense. Those pieces feel like home.

["I Remember My Stevie"
art and text
by Jessie Lucid


[gifset by

No comments: